Friday, December 9, 2011

A Horrible Experience

Have you ever experienced what it feels when you came to know that the train is going to be late for about an hour or two after a long day with exhausting workload at office, and that on Friday?
I have! Today!
I work at a Government office which deals with various court and law matters. Generally, Friday is the day when most numbers of litigation come. There are many reason behind it, I am not going into them. The fact is I have to work harder on Fridays. And today was an EXTREME Friday. However, when the official work was completed, the only thing that came to mind is the comfort of ‘home sweet home’. Also there was a plan to go to the inauguration ceremony of a Book-fair at my native town. I reached the railway station just in time and went directly to the usual platform, only to find the train was not there! After waiting several minutes, an announcement was made that, that particular train would be delayed due to some problems in other railway division!
The mind devastated, the heart broke and the hopes were sunk. All the plans for Friday night were cancelled.
Then I caught a local train, which has numerous stoppages before my destination. It was a journey of about two and half hours. But that was not the end of suffering- it was the beginning of a new kind! The local train was a overly crowded one, because it was office closing time. Somehow I got a place to stand and after some stations to sit. Then came the second problem.
Probably the brakes of the train were not working properly- jerking unexpectedly, shaking during acceleration and deceleration and sounding horrible noise. So the driver might have decided to drive it slower than the usual speed. What hurt more was the express train in which I generally travel got past the local train I was travelling- making my journey more intolerable. I reached my destination after almost two hours late than the scheduled time.
But the icing on the cake was not done yet. When I came out of the station premises, no public transport was available. No bus, no auto! Only some Rickshaws- refusing to go and Cabs- who were asking for a price, if I had that much money to spend everyday, I would have bought an iPhone 4S in every second month. Having no other options I started walking- it was nearly two and half kilometres from the station and took around 30 minutes and finally, finally and FINALLY I reached the home.
The horrible experience was over!

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt undrstnd buying iphone 4s fact. but it was enjoyable,

    ReplyDelete

Express your feelings: