Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I had a Dream

Today is a special day for me. It's my birthday! The day itself is special, but today is something special. I got some pretty surprises from someone of whom I have never thought that way. From today it will be different, different from the previous days.
First, I woke up late today, but the blame should be upon me. I slept late yesternight. My wife woke me up and whispers the words which I was sure to hear many times today. Then it was the turn for my little cutie. Despite being able to walk or even run, she can't talk clearly. Her vocabulary is limited to 4 or 5 words. But as she is used to she sat on my chest and kissed me. Next were my father and mother.
Then came the turn of my best friend. We had a strange similarity, we both shared our birthday. Yes we were born the same day same year. It is unbelievable that it took us 18 years to find each other beside one other. But that is another thing. I will say about it later.
But the real surprise came at my office. It was scheduled for a treat to the colleagues. I was prepared to spend some for that. But one of them, Amlan, I call him Amlanda as he older than me, who was the master brain behind all this treat type thing gave me a surprise that was totally unthinkable. He himself bought a cake for me and arrange the other things to make it happen. I cut the cake distributed the pieces to others and it was Amlanda who fed me my piece. Everyone present enjoyed the treat. But that was not the end. Amlanda also bought a Pierre Cardin pen with matching colours to my shirt and gifted it to me. He also asked me to write something today with that pen. I wrote a thank you note to him immediately, to respect his generosity.
Once again I realized that it does not matter how much do someone have or earn, all it takes is a heart that brings people closer. Amlanda is not a permanent employee, but the surprise he gave me requires a lot of heart. I respect you Amlanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express your feelings: